Looking for a fun and easy snack to make? Air fryer pizza rolls are the perfect solution! With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious and satisfying snack in no time. Plus, air frying is a healthy cooking method that cooks food evenly without adding unnecessary fat. So toss together your favorite pizza toppings and give these air fryer pizza rolls a try today!
You can make them at home in your air fryer in just a few minutes. Here’s how to do it.
What are Pizza Rolls?
Pizza Rolls are considered a crowd-pleasing pizza given a light makeover to convert it into light lunches, snacks, or fabulous party appetizers. Their tasty buttery finish is achieved by combining pizza sauce and handmade pizza dough with a generous amount of cheese, pepperoni, and sausages and then brushing them with a savory, buttery combination. Unexpectedly easy but quite fulfilling!
How To Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Using an air fryer to make pizza rolls is quite simple! As a lover of utilizing an air fryer, you are probably well aware of how straightforwardly it is applied for a wide variety of dishes in your kitchen.
The following pizza rolls recipe is good to start if being a new person to an air fryer. It is basic, and it will allow you to know the outs and ins of an air fryer. You will soon find yourself utilizing it for different snacks and meals. we are sure you do well!
- Preheat the air fryer up to 380 degrees Fahrenheit (193 degrees Celsius). It is essential, to begin with, a warmed air fryer to achieve the most pleasing results.
- Put the pizza rolls on the trays or in the air fryer’s basket in the air fryer. If you can not put all of your pizza rolls into one layer, it would be better to give these rolls a thorough shake before baking to ensure that all sides are cooked equally and that nothing adheres together during the baking process.
- Air-fried the pizza rolls for 5 minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit (193 degrees Celsius), then flip over or shake them and continue to air fry them for 2 or 3 minutes. Cook the pizza rolls in the oven for the whole of ten minutes if you want them to be particularly crispy. Spending much more time than that will almost certainly result in burned pizza rolls, which no person wants! So pay more attention in case you decide to cook these rolls for some minutes longer than usual.
It would be better to serve when still heated, and top mine with additional pizza sauce combined with the Parmesan cheese. Take pleasure in these pizza rolls!
Chef’s Tips: How to cook pizza rolls in air fryer
- Why do Pizza rolls explode in the air fryer? That indicates that they were cooked for an excessive amount of time! Next time, shorten the cooking time by a minute or two to save time. Alternatively, you might reduce the temperature to 370° Fahrenheit while maintaining the same cooking time. Remember that every air fryer is different, so be sure to tailor this recipe to your device.
- Keep the air fryer basket from becoming too crowded! If you stuff too many pizza rolls into the oven simultaneously, the air will be unable to circulate properly. The pizza rolls will not cook evenly if the air cannot flow around them. Batch processing is available if necessary.
- To ensure that the pizza rolls cook evenly during the cooking time, remove the air fryer basket halfway through the cooking time and shake it vigorously. This also assists in keeping the pizza rolls from sticking to the basket.
- It is possible to spray the air fryer basket with an air fryer-safe spray oil before adding the pizza rolls if you tend for food to adhere to it in the past. Ensure to get one that is safe to use with an air fryer. Cooking sprays in aerosol form might cause harm to the coating of the basket. A small spritz of oil on the top of the pizza rolls can help them to become even crispier in the end! However, we honestly didn’t feel ourselves in need of it at all. Despite the lack of oil, it turned out crispy!
Benefits Of Making Pizza Rolls In Your Air Fryer
- They are crispier than they would be in the conventional oven.
- No one enjoys eating a soggy pizza roll as cooked in the microwave.
- They do not require any cooking oil, unlike deep-frying, and they will not be soggy like they would be in the microwave.
- There is no need to preheat the air fryer before cooking the pizza rolls.
Some Frequently Asked Questions: Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Is It Necessary To Use Parchment Paper Or Spray The Basket In The Cooking Process?
We would not recommend spraying the pizza rolls with cooking spray since it may alter the flavor of the rolls. If you do not have a nonstick basket, you may use a pastry brush to add a little coating of olive oil to the pan before cooking it in it.
Can you make Pizza Rolls In your Air Fryer When They Are Still Frozen?
Yes! Compared to traditional methods, cooking frozen pizza rolls in the air fryer will require an additional 2 or 3 minutes of cooking time.
How long to put pizza rolls in air fryer?
Depending on what type of the air fryer you are now using, it will take between 8 and 10 minutes to make one bag of the frozen pizza rolls in your air fryer, depending on the size of the bag. Use a single layer in your air fryer basket for optimal results, or alternate between layers. If you put them into some layers, the cooking time will be longer, and the heat will be unevenly distributed.
Do You Need To Add Oil To Cook Pizza Rolls?
No, all you need is a pack of frozen pizza rolls to get started. There is no need to add any more oil.
What Temperature Should Frozen Pizza Rolls Be Cooked In An Air Fryer?
For Air Fryer Pizza Rolls, 380 degrees Fahrenheit is the ideal temperature to use. Cooking them at such a high temperature will result in the most delicious pizza rolls possible.
Can you make and freeze the pizza rolls?
Yes, make everything as directed. You can bake them or air fry them before freezing. Once they are baked or fried, let them cool to room temperature and then place in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. When ready to use, just let thaw at room temperature until they can be reheated in the microwave or oven.
Can you make and freeze the whole pizza?
Yes, bake it according to instructions and let cool to room temperature. Wrap tightly in foil and then place it in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. To thaw, remove from freezer bag and let thaw at room temperature until completely defrosted, about 1-2 hours. Once it’s defrosted, reheat in the microwave or oven.
What other toppings can I use?
You can use any type of pizza toppings you like! Toppings that take less time to cook (shredded cheese, thinly sliced vegetables) should go on first before you roll. Toppings that take longer to cook (pepperoni, bacon bits) should go on after you’ve rolled it up.
What kind of oil can I use in the air fryer?
Any cooking oil that has a high smoke point (ex: grape seed, avocado, sunflower) will work.
Air fryer pizza rolls are a delicious and easy way to enjoy your favorite food. With just a few ingredients and a quick cook time, you can have a tasty snack or meal that everyone will love. Follow the how to air fry pizza rolls tips in this post to make sure your pizza rolls come out perfectly every time.
- Pit Boss Griddle vs Blackstone Griddle – Which One is Right for You?
- How Long do Traeger Grills Last?
- Can You Microwave Solo Cups?
- How To Use Ninja Air fryer? Step by Step Instructions
- How Big Of An Air Fryer Do I Need – Buying Guide
- How To Use Bella Air Fryer? 1.2QT, 1.6QT, 2QT, Pro Series…
- How To Use Convection Oven As An Air Fryer?